Find a Cabinet Painter in Dardanelle, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Arkansas // Dardanelle
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
What type of paint is used for cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used on walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for interior walls will encounter many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that modern appearance. Typical wall paints might not stick sufficiently to cabinets or start to chip and flake off prematurely. The type of paint contractors choose for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires longer time to dry and cure than those typically applied to walls.
How do I know I've found the right cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painters to discover the perfect one for your needs and style requires a substantial amount of consideration. The best place to focus on is by understanding precisely what aesthetic you're trying to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view samples of their previous work similar to your vision beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Dependable contractors would be pleased to grant this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a set budget worked out when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate widely. Ensure that any professional you consider gives written statements of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for any surprises to occur once the project commences that will raise costs higher than you planned for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's dependability by checking any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers available online, and these can be an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and on budget.
Is the long prep phase necessary prior to painting all cabinets?
It's may be enticing to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but an expert will quickly and effectively bring your vision to life beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt or grime are fully removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and its components, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products today which contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also reach any edges that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in many cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as facilitating better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only peel away and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
How much will it cost to paint my used cabinets?
There are many things that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Dardanelle, Arkansas, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first seek out quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors may charge you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your contractor will have to recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with a gallon usually being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the job finished.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Hire a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near Dardanelle, Arkansas to Bring Your Ideas to Reality
A smart way to boost the appeal of your property and refresh the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-effective choice over expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and deliver a new look that will match your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter in Dardanelle, Arkansas fluctuates, but many customers have reported spending as much as three times less on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects like the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your present cabinets may be in fair enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
When hunting for the right cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and needs, you should look at their customer reviews, portfolio of past work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A reliable contractor will be willing to show you their history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Find all important information necessary to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Dardanelle, Arkansas easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.