Find a Cabinet Painter in Dumas, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Arkansas // Dumas
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any difference between cabinet paint and regular paint?
An often asked question is about the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used on walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will face many difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their modern appearance. Common wall paints will not stick properly to cabinets or start chipping or flaking away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs longer time to dry and cure than those generally used on walls.
How do I find a painting contractor?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to uncover the perfect one for your specifications and vision takes a substantial amount of consideration. The best place to begin is by understanding exactly what style you're trying to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view samples of their prior work matching what you're looking for beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Reliable contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a set budget worked out when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any contractor you consider gives written statements of all material and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication during the project about it's expected completion. The last thing you need is for unexpected surprises to occur once the project begins that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's reliability by assessing their online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers for view online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and on budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets before sanding?
It's always tempting to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but a professional can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life starting with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt and grime are fully removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and their gear, such as drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products today which contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also penetrate to those edges that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in many cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only chip off and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
How much will it cost to paint my existing cabinets?
There are several things that play into the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. Around Dumas, AR, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's suggested to first seek out quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors could bill you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The contractor will have to recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll need to discuss your home's particular cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Renew Your Home for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter in Dumas, AR
An exceptional way to enhance the appeal of your home and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and give them an updated look that will match your evolving style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Dumas, AR fluctuates, but many homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects such as the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the environment when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your existing cabinets may be in good enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
When searching for the right cabinet painting professional matching your budget and specifications, you should look at their customer reviews, portfolio of past work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be happy to show you a history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you know exactly what to expect when the project is finished. Find all important information needed to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Dumas, AR confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.