Find a Pro in Edmondson, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the advantages of choosing interior painting?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your House: A professional paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your house in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your home that really pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your home, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. If you haven't painted your house recently or have older colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many people are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the option you go with, a new paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted secures your house now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with components that naturally retain moisture. Over time, enough absorption will result in compromised walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Moisture within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health concerns. Paint enables you to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints now are made with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal option for your interior. A fresh application of paint also keeps dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: Most houses contain flaws and blemishes. Walls often feature scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your house over the years. Having your home's interior painted eliminates those imperfections and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint applied by a vetted painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What is the least busiest time of year for painting contractors?
One of the biggest advantages to hiring during the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so painters are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they typically do in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I consider repainting my house's exterior?
Chipped and cracked paint are some evident things to keep an eye on; however, there are also some less evident things that can create issues as well. Painting an exterior can be an extensive project, so it's always a good idea to book painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set timeframe for a new coat, since every home differs from the other. A lot of experts say that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years, based on factors like where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's a good idea to try and find out, since possessing in-depth information about the paint job will be critical. The variety of paint utilized, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color used can all affect its lifespan. It's also useful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether the home was painted on a bright or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dries.
What services fall within the scope of a residential painter?
A few of the services a vetted painter generally performs include:
- Select Colors: When struggling to pick the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your hired professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and will handle the prep stage before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painter prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they see anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues need to be remediated before painting can begin, of course. Your service might then recommend reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Professional painting contractors are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting an expert painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, checked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Professional Home Painting Contractors Serving in Edmondson, AR
When you want a good residential painter near Edmondson, AR, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that provides a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home can enhance your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your house also offers plenty of practical advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a range of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will beautify your house inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a convenient tool that brings together all the relevant information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Edmondson, AR and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you need.