Find a pro in Elaine, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Elaine, AR. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Elaine, AR
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Elaine, AR. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to hire the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.