Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Evansville, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of benefits can I look forward to when deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that plenty of homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a good practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and stress-free project to refresh their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the hassle of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get professional results when you allow a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to make sure your cabinets look as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what ways will cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are distinct differences between the two and handymen will need to know what service you want. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the current doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and delivers a distinctive outcome in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long do cabinets that have been refinished last
One of the great things about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make the product appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the project must be followed up depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why will cabinet refinishing be the ideal choice for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than installing new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already work well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your home in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
People in Evansville, AR have reported spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
One Platform Containing All The Information You Need To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Evansville, AR Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several homeowners in Evansville, AR have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Evansville, AR with confidence.