Find a Pro in Farmington, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you select?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's fairly affordable to boost how your home looks with assistance from a trained and experienced contractor. These are some of the factors you should consider when deciding on a color for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you select should complement the overall aesthetic you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to create. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend substantial time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are stylish hues that have the tendency to put you at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For a pop of color that stands out from the rest, oranges and yellows are bright enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a property feel more pleasant and comfortable.
Why should you engage the services of an exterior painting contractor?
Hiring an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your property will typically provide you with a better outcome than you could attain by yourself. DIY jobs rarely go as planned unless you're equipped with the materials and experience to perform the project to industry standards. Instead of covering up mistakes, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to perform the project as skillfully as possible. The skill they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the level of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you should hire a contractor to execute it. With their high-quality approach and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or delivering less-than-satisfactory results.
How can you prepare your home for an exterior painting task?
Exterior painting provides excellent results when it's done with close attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional painters are prepared with the skills, materials, and methods to perform the project with exceptional craftsmanship. Remarkable craftsmanship starts with taking precautions that allow the paint to stay and look amazing for a long time. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a clear area to begin working on, so using pressure washing tools is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair flaws on exterior of your home so that you can work on a flat texture.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it for a sleek finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to adhere.
What's the expense associated with painting the exterior of a residential property?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story property can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a worthy home improvement for many homeowners who want to boost their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements throughout the year. Another factor that can contribute to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can result in high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and give you an accurate estimate for the expenses you can expect to pay.
Compare Exterior Painting Companies Near Farmington, AR
Start your search for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and recruit companies in Farmington, AR. If your property needs a fresh coat of paint, you can recruit a professional with the skills and experience to provide excellent services. You can update your property's appearance with a new pop of color that simultaneously offers a durable barrier preventing damage. By hiring a professional to handle the project, you're making sure it will be of the highest quality standards.
On our full-scope home management platform, you can quickly search for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can check out results from previous exterior painting jobs to get a better idea of their level of expertise. Search through contractor profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you download our no-charge platform. It's convenient and simple to use for anyone to choose the best candidates for the project near them. You can even send direct messages, request a quote, and set up a consultation all on one platform.
Review the details of the job with an exterior painting professional who can provide you with helpful tips and help you decide on a beautiful color scheme. Having a freshly painted home can boost your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's awesome what a good sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from a number of local contractors ready to begin the project and carry out outstanding workmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by using our app and contacting a knowledgeable professional to take care of the whole process with careful attention to detail.