Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Huntsville, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
In what ways will cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a good way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other great benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the look of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and hassle-free technique to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the trouble of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive excellent outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to make sure your cabinets come out as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Is there a difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are distinct differences between them and professional contractors will need to know what service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features its own unique approach and gives a distinctive result in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often can cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the best things about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be repeated depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as an alternative to buying new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than buying new ones and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to enhance your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets may already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal chaos to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Huntsville, Arkansas have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Hire The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Huntsville, Arkansas
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many people in Huntsville, Arkansas have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less chaotic to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and expertise through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Huntsville, Arkansas with confidence.