Find Deck Staining in Leola, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT DECK STAINING
Is there a certain season that's better for deck staining?
Deck staining is a seasonal project and you'll achieve the best results when conducting it when the weather is right:
- Temperature - Staining a deck is better while the temperature is moderate, particularly between 50°F and 90°F. Staining beneath very warm or cold temperatures will affect the application and drying process.
- Humidity - Low to moderate humidity levels are preferred while deck staining, as too much humidity will prolong drying times and raise the danger of mildew problems in the future.
- Rain Forecast - All stains will have specifications on how long curing will take, and it's required that it remains dry during this period. Your project's scheduling should consider the rain forecast and preferably be finished 24 to 48 hours before any potential showers.
What prep has to be done before staining my deck?
Careful prep of your deck and the surrounding area must be carried out to guarantee a good finish. Obstructing grass and plants will need to be cut, and nearby walkways or other structures should be blanketed to eliminate coming into contact with the stain. The wood on your deck may need to be washed and sanded to allow adequate penetration and sticking.
Selecting the right stain for your deck is a part of the preparation and requires some consideration, including factors such as:
- Type of Wood - Some types of wood will gain more from particular stains that will offer your deck a better look and durability.
- The opacity of the Stain - The opaqueness of stains for decks varies from clear to solid, with solid typically providing the most defense from water and UV rays. If the wood used on your deck is known for minimal strength, consider a solid or semi-solid stain for enhanced preservation.
- Coordination With Your Home - You can pick a stain based on its hue and opaqueness to complement or stand out from the appearance of your home and lawn.
Is there a big difference in advantages between deck staining and painting?
Deck staining and painting have unique benefits, so it's important to analyze which option best fits your requirements when deciding between the two. The two most significant benefits of painting are the extensive selection of colors and improved surface preservation. However, paint also needs more upkeep because of peeling and fading over time. On the other hand, stain will not peel once properly cured, requires minimal effort to maintain, and has more benefits, including:
- Penetrates the Wood - Unlike paint, which simply covers the surface, stains soak into the wood, providing better defense against water, the sun, and other destructive threats.
- Special Additives - Some stains have additives that increase durability, specifically pigments that block UV rays, chemicals that seal against rot, and insecticides that stop bugs from infesting the wood.
Discuss the benefits of deck staining or painting with the experts listed on Thumbtack to decide which choice will be right for you and your home.
Is staining my deck worth the price if I hire a contractor?
Staining a deck provides several advantages, including enhancing its appearance, extending its lifespan, and increasing its structural integrity. Though not to the extent of paint, stains are sold in a range of colors and opacities that will help reinvigorate the style of your home and grounds. You're not limiting yourself by picking deck staining over painting, as you still have several choices to complement your home or create a look that stands apart.
The security that stain gives your deck will be well worth the price of enlisting a professional to ensure excellent results. The climate in Leola, Arkansas is the biggest danger to your deck, and regardless how durable the type of wood it's made with, a good coat of stain will help keep out water and UV rays that will destroy it over time. A few other advantages of deck staining include stopping bugs and mildew from destroying the wood and easy maintenance. Hire an expert listed on Thumbtack to stain your deck correctly and get more out of your investment by extending its lifespan.
Hire a Deck Staining Contractor Near Leola, Arkansas on Thumbtack and Get the Aesthetic and Protection You Envisioned
Deck staining is the perfect project for updating its appearance and providing long-lasting protection from the climate and pests that will destroy it over time. A proven contractor will handle the challenging task for you, from prep to application and curing, to make sure it comes out the way you expected.
Enlisting a professional is highly advised if you lack familiarity performing deck staining or don’t have time to devote to the tedious process. Working with stains requires a lot of attention to detail to ensure an even application and that it dries appropriately to safeguard the wood from water, UV rays, and pests. You will also benefit from the advice that professionals can share when it comes to picking the right stain for the type of wood your deck is built with to ensure you get the desired look. While stain cannot offer as many style options as paint, a lot of colors and opacities are still sold to help your deck transform into a unique visual element of your home.
Many people struggle with choosing to paint or stain their decks, and both options come with unique advantages. Painting offers better versatility in colors and looks and is great for protecting surfaces. The downside is that you’ll have to repaint several times throughout the years as it peels away under constant use and changing weather conditions. On the other hand, stain soaks deep into the wood and has pigments to block destructive UV rays and other additives that secure it from mildew and insect damage. It also won't need reapplication for two to three years so long as it's been properly cured.
Staining a deck requires attention to detail and careful consideration for every step of the process. Executing the task at the wrong time of year or applying it incorrectly will result in insufficient protection and an uneven appearance. Save time and eliminate the stress of doing it all yourself by turning to an expert who can promise excellent results. Evaluate staining contractors in Leola, Arkansas and choose the right one matching your needs and budget easily in one place with the convenient Thumbtack app.