Find a Cabinet Painter in Lewisville, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be restricted to the kind of paint I can put on my cabinets?
A commonly asked question pertains to the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint generally used for interior walls will face many difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their elegant appearance. Common wall paints will not adhere properly to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint contractors use for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires longer time to dry and cure than those generally used on walls.
How do I find a painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to find the most suitable one for your specifications and vision requires a substantial amount of effort. A good place to start is by knowing exactly what style you want to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view samples of their prior work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Professional contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a set budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate largely. Make sure that any painter you hire provides documentation of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to occur once the project begins that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by assessing their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from past customers for view online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Is the long prep stage a necessity before painting my cabinets?
It's always tempting to quickly begin painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt and grime are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and their components, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products today which contractors use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also reach any edges that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in some cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only peel off and require repainting sooner than expected.
Is it expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are many factors that play into the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. Around Lewisville, Arkansas, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters may charge you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your painter will have to recoup the cost of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with a gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the project performed.
You'll want to discuss your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Beautify Your Home for Less With a Dependable Cabinet Painter Near Lewisville, Arkansas
An exceptional way to increase the value of your home and refresh the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-efficient choice over expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and deliver a new look that will suit your evolving style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter near Lewisville, Arkansas varies, but many customers still report spending less than a third on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, factors like the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your current cabinets may be in fair enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll love.
While hunting for the right cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should evaluate their client reviews, gallery of past work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable painter will be happy to share their history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you understand exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Find all important information necessary to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Lewisville, Arkansas easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.