Find a Cabinet Painter in Lowell, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any distinction with cabinet paint and regular paint?
An often asked question is about the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for home walls will face some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them that elegant aesthetic. Typical wall paints will not stick adequately to cabinets or start chipping or flaking away prematurely. The kind of paint professionals choose for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires extended drying and curing times than those typically applied to walls.
Is it simple to find a good cabinet painting contractor?
Comparing cabinet painters to find the most suitable one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of work. A good place to start is by understanding precisely what aesthetic you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their prior work matching what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Reliable contractors would be pleased to accommodate this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You should have a set budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate widely. Make sure that any professional you hire gives written statements of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. The last thing you need is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project has started that will raise costs higher than you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's dependability by checking any online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Should I just paint over my existing cabinets?
It's always enticing to immediately start painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt or grime are fully removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also the right time to take apart the cabinets and their hardware, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products today which professionals use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to those edges that are exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in some cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as facilitating better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only chip away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
Is it costly to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several factors that play into the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Lowell, AR, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first obtain quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors may charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the price of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the job completed.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Update Your Kitchen for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter in Lowell, AR
An exceptional way to enhance the value of your home and refresh the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a more affordable choice over expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and give them a new look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Lowell, AR fluctuates, but some customers still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors such as the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. You should start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also benefits for the planet when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for logging. Your existing cabinets could be in decent enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
When searching for the right cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should evaluate their client reviews, portfolio of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be willing to show you their history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you understand precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Locate all the information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Lowell, AR easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.