Find a Cabinet Painter in Maumelle, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will it matter which type of paint I choose for my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used with walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will encounter many difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them that sophisticated aesthetic. Common wall paints might not stick properly to cabinets and can begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint professionals use for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs extended time to dry and cure than those usually applied to walls.
How do I know I've picked the right cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painters to uncover the perfect one for your needs and vision requires a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to begin is by knowing exactly what look you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their past work similar to your vision beforehand to get a feel for their experience and ability. Professional contractors will be pleased to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You should have a set budget worked out when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate largely. Ensure that any painter you consider gives documentation of all material and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication during the process about it's timeline. The last thing you need is for any surprises to pop up after the project begins that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the professional's reputation by assessing their online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these are also a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Is the difficult prep step a necessity when painting my cabinets?
It's may be tempting to quickly begin painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when attempting it alone, but an expert will quickly and effectively bring your vision to life beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt and grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also the right time to take apart the cabinets and their hardware, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products today which professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also reach any places that are exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in most cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only peel off and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
How can I estimate the cost of cabinet painting?
There are several things that affect the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. In Maumelle, AR, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's advised to first seek out quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters could charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your painter will have to recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with a gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the job finished.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Update Your Home for Less With a Reliable Cabinet Painter Near Maumelle, AR
An exceptional way to enhance the value of your house and update the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-effective choice over expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and deliver a new look that will suit your evolving style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Maumelle, AR fluctuates, but many customers still report spending as much as three times less on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, factors such as the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your present cabinets might be in good enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
When hunting for the best cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should analyze their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A dependable painter will be willing to share a history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Discover all the information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Maumelle, AR confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.