Find a Cabinet Painter in Midland, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to refresh the style of my cabinets?
A commonly asked question pertains to the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for home walls will face many challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that sophisticated aesthetic. Common wall paints may not stick properly to cabinets and can start to chip and flake off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals use for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs longer drying and curing times than those usually applied to walls.
Which qualities do I look for in a professional cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painters to discover the best one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of effort. The best place to begin is by understanding exactly what look you're trying to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their previous work similar to your vision beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and skill. Reliable contractors would be pleased to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a set budget worked out while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate significantly. Make sure that any professional you hire provides written statements of all equipment and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. The last thing you want is for any surprises to occur once the project begins that will raise costs higher than you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reliability by evaluating their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from past clients for view online, and these can be an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Should I paint my cabinets without sanding?
It's always enticing to immediately start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt or grease are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and their hardware, like drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also reach those edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in some cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only flake off and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
What is the usual cost for a professional cabinet painting contractor?
There are several factors that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Midland, Arkansas, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's recommended to first obtain quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors could bill you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The contractor will have to recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the job performed.
You'll want to discuss your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Beautify Your Home for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter in Midland, Arkansas
A quick way to enhance the appeal of your house and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and deliver a new look that will suit your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Midland, Arkansas varies, but many homeowners still report spending less than a third on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, factors like the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the world when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your current cabinets might be in fair enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll love.
While searching for the right cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should analyze their client reviews, gallery of past work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be willing to share a history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you understand exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Locate all important information needed to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Midland, Arkansas easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.