Find a pro in Mountain Pine, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Mountain Pine, Arkansas
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Mountain Pine, Arkansas. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.