Find a pro in Newport, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Newport, Arkansas. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Newport, Arkansas
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Newport, Arkansas, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.