Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Prairie Grove, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the perks of refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that plenty of homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a smart way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great perks of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the look of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy method to refresh their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the chaos of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you hire a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to make sure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
In what ways do cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are big differences between them and handymen will need to know what service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the current doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features a unique approach and imparts a certain result in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
What is the recommended interval between refinishing cabinets
One of the great things with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the process must be followed up is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Are refinished cabinets worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than installing new models and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable project to boost your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your home in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
People of Prairie Grove, AR have related spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
One Platform With All The Information Needed To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Prairie Grove, AR Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several homeowners in Prairie Grove, AR have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Prairie Grove, AR with confidence.