Find a pro in Shirley, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Shirley, AR. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Arkansas // Shirley
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Shirley, AR
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Shirley, AR. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Shirley, AR. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.