Find a pro in Stuttgart, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Stuttgart, Arkansas. Storms will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Stuttgart, Arkansas
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Stuttgart, Arkansas, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Stuttgart, Arkansas. Find the right contractor for your home today.