Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Avondale, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few perks of cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement project that plenty of people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a good practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and hassle-free technique to refresh their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the trouble of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect excellent outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
How do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are distinct differences between them and handymen will need to understand what service you want. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has its own unique approach and delivers a distinctive result in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
What is the suggested interval between refinishing cabinets
One of the great benefits with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, such as the durability of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the project must be repeated depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as an alternative to buying them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets may already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less disruption to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Avondale, AZ have reported paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Find The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Avondale, AZ
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many people in Avondale, AZ have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Avondale, AZ with confidence.