Find a Cabinet Painter in Buckeye, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Arizona // Buckeye
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be limited by the type of paint I can use for my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for interior walls will encounter some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that elegant look. Common wall paints will not stick adequately to cabinets and can start chipping or flaking away prematurely. The kind of paint professionals utilize for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs extended time to dry and cure than those generally applied to walls.
How do I find a cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painters to uncover the best one for your specifications and style requires a substantial amount of consideration. The best place to begin is by understanding precisely what aesthetic you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their past work similar to your vision beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and ability. Professional contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget worked out while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any professional you consider provides documentation of all material and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for any surprises to pop up after the project has started that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's dependability by checking their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these are also a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Is the tedious prep step a necessity prior to painting my cabinets?
It's always tempting to quickly start painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when doing it on your own, but an expert can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality starting with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt and grease are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and their hardware, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products today which professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also reach those nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in most cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only flake away and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
How much will it cost to paint my present cabinets?
There are many factors that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Buckeye, AZ, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first seek out quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors might charge you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The contractor will have to recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon typically being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the project finished.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Find a Cabinet Painter in Buckeye, AZ to Bring Your Vision to Reality
A quick way to enhance the appeal of your property and refresh the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and give them an updated look that will suit your current tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter near Buckeye, AZ fluctuates, but some customers still report spending less than a third on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects like the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing process of wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your present cabinets may be in decent enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll love.
While looking for the right cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and specifications, you should analyze their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A reliable contractor will be willing to share a history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the project is finished. Find all the information necessary to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Buckeye, AZ confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.