Find a Cabinet Painter in Colorado City, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be restricted by the type of paint I can put on my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint generally used for interior walls will face some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that sophisticated aesthetic. Common wall paints will not adhere properly to cabinets and can start to chip and flake off prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates extended time to dry and cure than those usually applied to walls.
What qualities do I search for in a professional cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to uncover the most suitable one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to start is by understanding precisely what style you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their past work matching what you're looking for beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and skill. Reliable contractors will be pleased to accommodate this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a defined budget worked out when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate largely. Check that any professional you consider gives documentation of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication during the process about it's expected completion. The last thing you need is for unexpected surprises to pop up once the project commences that will raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the professional's dependability by checking any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Is the difficult prep step necessary prior to painting all cabinets?
It's always enticing to immediately start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality starting with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that all dirt or grime are fully removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also the right time to take apart the cabinets and its hardware, like drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products today which professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach those nooks and crannies that are exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in some cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only chip away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
How can I estimate the cost for cabinet painting?
There are several factors that play into the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Colorado City, Arizona, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's advised to first seek out quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors could bill you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your painter will have to recoup the cost of materials if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the job performed.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Discover a Cabinet Painter in Colorado City, Arizona Who Can Bring Your Vision to Reality
An exceptional way to enhance the appeal of your property and update the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a more affordable option over expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and deliver an updated look that will match your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter near Colorado City, Arizona fluctuates, but some customers still report spending as much as three times less on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects such as the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing process with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your present cabinets may be in decent enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While searching for the perfect cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should evaluate their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A reliable painter will be willing to show you a history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Discover all important information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Colorado City, Arizona confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.