Find a Cabinet Painter in Elfrida, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Arizona // Elfrida
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Can I use the same paint on my walls to update the look of my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used with walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for home walls will encounter some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them their elegant aesthetic. Common wall paints might not adhere adequately to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint professionals choose for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates longer drying and curing times than those typically used on walls.
How do I choose a cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to discover the most suitable one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of consideration. The best place to start is by knowing exactly what aesthetic you're trying to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see a sample of their prior work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and ability. Reliable contractors would be pleased to accommodate this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a set budget worked out when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any painter you hire gives written statements of all equipment and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for any surprises to occur after the project commences that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the professional's reliability by evaluating any online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Will I have to prime cabinets cabinets before painting?
It's may be enticing to quickly begin painting and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when attempting it alone, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality starting with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt or grease are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and its hardware, such as drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products today which professionals use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to those edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in some cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only flake off and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
What factors are considered when it comes to the price of painting cabinets?
There are several factors that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Elfrida, AZ, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first obtain quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters may charge you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints used in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with a gallon usually being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job performed.
You'll want to discuss your home's particular cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Discover a Cabinet Painter Near Elfrida, AZ to Bring Your Ideas to Life
A smart way to increase the appeal of your home and refresh the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a more affordable option over expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and deliver an updated look that will match your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Elfrida, AZ varies, but some customers have reported spending less than a third on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, factors like the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. You should start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing process of wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for logging. Your present cabinets may be in decent enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While hunting for the perfect cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should look at their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A reliable contractor will be willing to show you their history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you know exactly what to expect when the project is finished. Discover all the information you need to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Elfrida, AZ confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.