Find Deck Staining in Kingman, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT DECK STAINING
Will the weather impact my deck staining project?
Deck staining is a season-specific home maintenance job and you'll achieve the best results when performing it when the weather is right:
- Temperature - Staining a deck is better when the temperature is moderate, particularly between 50°F and 90°F. Staining during very hot or cold temperatures will affect the application and drying process.
- Humidity - Lower humidity levels are preferable when deck staining, as too much humidity will prolong drying times and increase the risk of mildew issues.
- Rain Forecast - Different stains come with specifications on how long drying should take, and it's required that they remain dry throughout this time. Your project's scheduling must take into consideration the rain forecast and preferably be finished 24 to 48 hours before any chance of showers.
What prep is advised prior to staining a deck?
Detailed prepping of the deck and the surrounding spaces must be conducted to guarantee a good result. Obstructing grass and plants will need to be cut, and any pathways or other structures should be protected to eliminate coming into contact with the stain. The wood of the deck may need to be cleaned or sanded to facilitate adequate penetration and adhesion.
Picking the best stain for any deck is a part of the preparation and requires careful consideration, including factors like:
- Type of Wood - Some types of wood will benefit more from particular stains that will offer your deck a better look and durability.
- The opacity of the Stain - The opacity of stains for decks ranges from clear to solid, with solid generally providing superior protection from water and UV rays. If your wood species has low strength, consider a solid or semi-solid stain for enhanced conservation.
- Coordination With Your Home - You can select a stain based on its color and opacity to accentuate or stand out from the style of your home and yard.
Would it be better to stain or paint my deck?
Deck staining and painting have different advantages, so it's important to analyze which option most fits your requirements when deciding between the two. The two biggest advantages of painting are its wider variety of colors and enhanced surface shielding. However, paint also demands extensive upkeep because of chipping and fading relatively fast. Conversely, stain will not peel if properly dried, needs less effort to care for, and has other advantages, such as:
- Penetrates the Wood - Unlike paint, which only coats the surface, stains penetrate the wood, delivering a deep layer of protection against moisture, the sun, and other destructive threats.
- Special Additives - Some stains have additives that boost durability, including pigments that block UV rays, chemicals that seal against rot, and insecticides that stop bugs from infesting the wood.
Talk about the benefits of deck staining or painting with the professionals listed on Thumbtack to decide which option will be right for your needs.
Why do so many homeowners say deck staining is a good investment?
Staining a deck comes with several benefits, including enhancing its look, extending its lifespan, and increasing its structural integrity. Similar to paint, stains come in a variety of hues and opacities that will help reinvigorate the aesthetic of your home and yard. You're not limiting yourself when choosing deck staining instead of painting, as you still have several options to accentuate your home or create a look that stands out on its own.
The protection that stain provides your deck will be well worth the price of enlisting a professional who can ensure excellent results. The weather in Kingman, Arizona poses the biggest danger to your deck, and no matter how durable the species of wood it's made with, a good coat of stain will help keep out water and UV rays that will destroy it over time. A few other benefits of deck staining include inhibiting bugs and mold from destroying the wood and low maintenance. Discover a professional listed on Thumbtack to stain your deck the right way and maximize your investment by extending its lifespan.
Discover a Deck Staining Contractor Near Kingman, Arizona on Thumbtack and Obtain the Style and Protection You Desire
Deck staining is great for updating its look and providing long-lasting durability from weather and pests that will degrade it over time. A dependable contractor will handle the challenging task for you, from prep to application and drying, to ensure it turns out the way you envisioned.
Enlisting a professional is highly recommended if you lack experience carrying out deck staining or don’t have time to devote to the tedious process. Working with stains requires careful attention to detail to ensure an even application and that it dries correctly to safeguard the wood from water, UV rays, and insects. You will also benefit from the advice that contractors can share regarding picking the right stain for the species of wood your deck is built with to ensure you achieve the desired look. While stain won't offer as many style options as paint, many hues and opacities are still available to help your deck stand out as a unique visual element of your property.
Many homeowners struggle with choosing to paint or stain their deck, and both options come with unique benefits. Painting gives more versatility in colors and looks and is good for surface protection. The downside is that you’ll need to repaint many times throughout the years as it chips away beneath steady foot traffic and changing weather conditions. Conversely, stain penetrates deep into the wood and carries pigments that block harmful UV rays and other additives that secure it from mildew and insect damage. Stain will also not need to be reapplied for a few years so long as it's been adequately dried.
Staining a deck demands a practiced hand and thoughtful consideration for every step of the process. Conducting the job at an unseasonable time of year or applying it incorrectly will result in less protection and an inconsistent look. Save time and eliminate the stress of doing everything yourself by turning to a pro who can deliver stellar results. Compare staining contractors in Kingman, Arizona and choose the right one matching your vision and budget all in one place with the powerful Thumbtack app.