Find a Cabinet Painter in Morristown, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there a distinction between cabinet paint and regular paint?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for home walls will face some challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their modern appearance. Common wall paints might not stick sufficiently to cabinets and can begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates extended drying and curing times than those typically used on walls.
Is it easy to find a good cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to uncover the most suitable one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of consideration. The first place to focus on is by knowing exactly what aesthetic you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their past work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and ability. Reliable contractors will be pleased to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a set budget worked out while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any professional you hire gives documentation of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. What you don't want is for any surprises to occur after the project begins that can raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's reliability by checking any online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and on budget.
Is it really crucial to prime and sand cabinets before painting?
It's always tempting to immediately begin dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality beginning with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt and grease are fully removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and their components, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also reach any nooks and crannies that are exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in most cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only chip off and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
What is the average price for an experienced cabinet painter?
There are several factors that affect the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. In Morristown, Arizona, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors may bill you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your contractor will have to recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints used in cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the job finished.
You'll want to talk about your home's specific cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Discover a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near Morristown, Arizona Who Will Bring Your Ideas to Life
An exceptional way to increase the value of your property and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and deliver an updated look that will match your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painter near Morristown, Arizona varies, but some customers still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects such as the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. You should start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among several different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also benefits for the environment when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing process with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your present cabinets might be in good enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll love.
While looking for the right cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and needs, you should evaluate their customer reviews, portfolio of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A reliable contractor will be happy to show you their history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Discover all important information you need to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Morristown, Arizona easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.