Find a pro in Oracle, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Oracle, Arizona. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Oracle, Arizona
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Oracle, Arizona, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.