Find a pro in Paradise Valley, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Paradise Valley, Arizona
If you need roofing maintenance services in Paradise Valley, Arizona, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Paradise Valley, Arizona. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.