Find a Pro in Phoenix, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What all does a residential painter do?
A few of the tasks a professional painter usually performs include:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to identify the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your certified painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and will take care of the prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your home painting service preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they notice things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces must be remediated before the project can start, of course. Your professional may then suggest other trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Most painting contractors are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing a vetted painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much is the typical hourly rate charged by painters?
The average painting contractor's cost of services ranges from $22 to $43 per hour, and that doesn't include materials or tax.
Remember that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay a professional painter hourly. For that reason, it does not reflect the cost of insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
Does interior painting provide a good ROI?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Residence: A great paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even above its listing price. Even if you are not considering listing your residence in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your residence that truly pays for itself.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your residence, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you haven't painted your house in the past few years and have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of residents are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what color scheme you go with, a new paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted secures your residence now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are made of materials which naturally absorb moisture. Over time, too much absorption will result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint is designed to keep moisture from getting through the porous walls of your residence.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints these days are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the best choice for your home. A new coat of paint also limits dust and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Great: All residences harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls often contain scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your residence over the years. Getting your home's interior painted removes most imperfections and will make your room look updated and clean. A new coat of paint applied by a professional contractor will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
During what season of the year are painters usually less busy?
A major selling point to scheduling during the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
Therefore, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they normally do in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
Dependable Residential Painting Contractors Near Near Phoenix, Arizona
When you want a reliable residential painter in Phoenix, Arizona, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your home is a smart option to bring new life into your property while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that provides a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted home can boost your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or make great recommendations about various paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also brings plenty of useful benefits for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a range of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a convenient platform that compiles all the important information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of vetted painters in Phoenix, Arizona and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also allows you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a pro who will deliver the quality and value you need.