Find a Pro in Prescott, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you select?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall design will be the best choice. It's fairly inexpensive to boost how your home looks with assistance from a trained and equipped painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when choosing a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color pattern: The colors you select should go with the general design you're aiming for and the mood you want to form. Make the place your own, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are tasteful hues that have the propensity to give you a serene feeling.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, oranges and yellows are bold enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more comfortable and content.
Why may it be beneficial to recruit the skills of an exterior painting professional?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will normally give you a better result than you could achieve on your own. DIY projects don't always go as you hope unless you have the materials and skills to execute the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of attempting to fix flaws, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to perform the project as skillfully as possible. The knowledge they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the degree of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to a contractor to execute it. With their high-quality practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or offering subpar results.
How can you prepare your house for an exterior painting service?
Exterior painting provides outstanding results when it is done with careful attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the skills, materials, and methods to perform the project with excellent workmanship. First-rate workmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to stick and look amazing for many years. These are certain steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime provides you with a spotless area to begin working on, so using pressure washing tools is a productive way to wash it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can take care of flaws on exterior siding so that you can work on a flat finish.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it with a streamlined result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to stay.
What is the expense related to painting the exterior of a residential property?
The cost of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthy project for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements at all times. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how experienced your contractor is because it can result in high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a local painting contractor who can evaluate the project and provide you with a free, upfront estimate for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Search for Exterior Painting Services in Prescott, Arizona
Begin browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Prescott, Arizona. If your home needs some new paint, you can hire a contractor with the training and knowledge to deliver excellent services. You can upgrade your home's appearance with fresh paint that also provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage. By recruiting a contractor to handle the project, you're making sure it'll meet your specifications.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can swiftly look for contractors, check ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting projects to gain a solid idea of what they can offer. Look through professional profiles and easing your search is a quicker process when you download our free app. It's convenient and easy to use for anyone to find the best professional for the project near them. You can also direct message contractors, request an estimate, and schedule an appointment all on one platform.
Go over the details of the project with an exterior painter who can give you helpful tips and help you brainstorm an elegant color scheme. Painting projects can increase your home value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what a good sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from many local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out excellent craftsmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by downloading our app and reach out to an experienced painter to handle the whole process with the utmost attention to detail.