Find a Cabinet Painter in Safford, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Arizona // Safford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Can I use the same paint on my walls to update the look of my cabinets?
A commonly asked question is about the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will face many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them their elegant aesthetic. Typical wall paints may not stick properly to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The kind of paint contractors utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs longer drying and curing times than those generally applied to walls.
How do I choose a cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the perfect one for your needs and style requires a substantial amount of consideration. The first place to start is by knowing exactly what look you're trying to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their past work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Reliable contractors will be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a defined budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate largely. Ensure that any painter you consider gives documentation of all equipment and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's timeline. The last thing you need is for unexpected surprises to pop up once the project commences that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by assessing their online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Is it necessary to prime and sand cabinets before painting?
It's may be tempting to immediately begin painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but an expert will quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality starting with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt and grime are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and their gear, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products today which contractors use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also reach those nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in some cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only chip off and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
How much will it cost to paint my kitchen cabinets?
There are several factors that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Safford, AZ, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's advised to first seek out quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors could bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll need to discuss your home's specific cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Find a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near Safford, AZ to Bring Your Ideas to Reality
An exceptional way to increase the value of your home and update the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a more affordable choice over expensive replacements that also requires less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and deliver an updated look that will match your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter around Safford, AZ fluctuates, but many customers still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, aspects like the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. You should first come up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also benefits for the environment when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing process of wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your present cabinets could be in decent enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
While hunting for the right cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and needs, you should look at their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A reliable painter will be willing to share their history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you know exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Locate all the information necessary to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Safford, AZ easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.