Find a Cabinet Painter in Saint Michaels, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Arizona // Saint Michaels
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be restricted to the kind of paint I can put on my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will face some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their sleek aesthetic. Common wall paints might not stick adequately to cabinets and can begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint contractors choose for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates longer drying and curing times than those typically used on walls.
How can I find the right painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to uncover the most suitable one for your needs and style requires a substantial amount of effort. The best place to start is by understanding precisely what style you want to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their previous work matching your vision beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Dependable contractors would be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You need to have a set budget in mind when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate significantly. Make sure that any painter you hire gives written statements of all equipment and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication during the process about it's timeline. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project commences that will raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's reputation by checking their online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from past clients available online, and these are also a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Will I need to prime cabinets cabinets before painting?
It's may be tempting to immediately begin painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt and grease are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and its hardware, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products today which contractors use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also reach those places that are exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in most cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only flake away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
What is the typical cost for an experienced cabinet painting contractor?
There are many factors that affect the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. In Saint Michaels, Arizona, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's advised to first seek out quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors might bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your contractor will need to recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the project finished.
You'll want to discuss your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Renew Your Kitchen for Less With a Dependable Cabinet Painter Near Saint Michaels, Arizona
An exceptional way to increase the value of your house and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and give them an updated look that will match your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Saint Michaels, Arizona fluctuates, but some customers still report spending less than a third on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, aspects like the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the world when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing process with wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for logging. Your existing cabinets might be in decent enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While looking for the right cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and needs, you should look at their customer reviews, gallery of past work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be happy to share their history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Discover all the information necessary to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Saint Michaels, Arizona easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.