Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Sells, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets instead of install new models?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that many homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of completely replacing them is a smart way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent perks of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the style of your kitchen with relatively little work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and stress-free method to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the long process of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get professional results when you hire a qualified contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets look as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What is the difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand which service you want. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features a unique approach and gives a distinctive outcome in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often should cabinets be refinished?
One of the great benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, such as the strength of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When will cabinet refinishing be the ideal option for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new models and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already work great with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves less chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Sells, AZ have communicated spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is right for you.
Discover The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Sells, AZ
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many homeowners in Sells, AZ have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Sells, AZ with confidence.