Find a Cabinet Painter in Tonopah, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be limited to the type of paint I can use for my cabinets?
A commonly asked question is about the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used on walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint typically used for home walls will encounter many challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that sleek aesthetic. Typical wall paints may not adhere properly to cabinets and can start to chip and flake off prematurely. The type of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs longer drying and curing times than those typically used on walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor do for my job?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the most suitable one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to focus on is by knowing precisely what aesthetic you're trying to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view samples of their previous work matching what you're looking for beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and skill. Professional contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a set budget worked out while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate largely. Ensure that any contractor you consider provides written statements of all equipment and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's expected completion. The last thing you need is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project has started that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reliability by evaluating any online client reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these are also an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Should I just paint over my present cabinets?
It's may be tempting to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt or grime are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and their hardware, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products today which contractors use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also reach any places that are exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in some cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only peel away and require repainting sooner than expected.
What is the typical cost of an experienced cabinet painter?
There are many factors that affect the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Tonopah, AZ, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's recommended to first obtain quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors could bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your painter must recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job performed.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Find a Cabinet Painter in Tonopah, AZ to Bring Your Ideas to Reality
A quick way to boost the value of your house and refresh the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and give them a new look that will match your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter around Tonopah, AZ fluctuates, but many homeowners have reported spending less than a third on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors such as the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. You should first come up with a budget and then inquire several different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the environment when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing process with wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your current cabinets may be in decent enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
While looking for the right cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should analyze their client reviews, portfolio of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A reliable painter will be happy to share their history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you understand precisely what to expect when the job is finished. Discover all important information you need to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Tonopah, AZ confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.