Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Tucson, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How will cabinet refinishing be beneficial?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement task that plenty of homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a great way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the style of your kitchen with relatively little work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and hassle-free project to change their look versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the long process of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive excellent outcomes when you hire a vetted contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
How does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are significant differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and gives a certain outcome in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often do cabinets need to be refinished
One of the best advantages with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make furniture look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the durability of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be repeated depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing service could last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Are refinished cabinets worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets could already work great with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
People of Tucson, Arizona have communicated paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this project is right for you.
One Place With All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Tucson, Arizona Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many homeowners in Tucson, Arizona have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less chaotic to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Tucson, Arizona with confidence.