Find a Pro in Alhambra, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // California // Alhambra
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you select?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting an elegant color that goes with your overall design will be the right choice. It's fairly affordable to improve the appearance of your home with help from a knowledgeable and equipped contractor. These are some of the considerations you should make when selecting a color scheme for your exterior painting project:
- Color arrangement: The colors you select should flow with the general aesthetic you're going for and the mood you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are stylish tones that have the tendency to put you at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that stands out from the rest, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more cozy and comfortable.
In what ways can hiring an exterior painting professional enhance your project?
Hiring an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your home will usually offer you a high-quality result than you could attain on your own. DIY projects don't always go as planned unless you're equipped with the materials and experience to perform the project to industry standards. Instead of covering up flaws, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to carry out the project as adeptly as possible. The knowledge they've acquired from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the siding, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you need to hire a contractor to do it all. With their superior process and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or delivering subpar results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting service?
Exterior painting delivers outstanding results when it's done with careful attention to detail and according to top standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the skills, materials, and techniques to conduct the project with outstanding workmanship. First-rate workmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to adhere and look amazing for a long time. These are certain steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Pressure wash: Removing grime and dirt offers you a clear area to work with, so using pressure washing equipment is an effective way to wash it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove flaky or cracked pieces that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix damage on exterior siding so that you can work on a flat finish.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a sleek result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to adhere.
What's the usual budget for exterior home painting?
The price of exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's an excellent project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements all year round. Another factor that can add to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can result in high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and provide you with an accurate quote for the costs you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Most Efficient Way to Find Exterior Painting Contractors in Alhambra, California
Begin looking for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and recruit companies in Alhambra, California. If your home needs a new coat of paint, you can find a professional with the qualifications and experience to deliver outstanding services. You can update your home's aesthetic with a new pop of color that offers a durable barrier preventing damage from the elements simultaneously. By hiring a painter to take care of the project, you're making sure it'll meet your specifications.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can swiftly look for contractors, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can see other exterior painting projects to get an understanding of what they can provide. Browsing through candidate profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you download our free platform. It's systematic and simple to use for anyone to select the best contractor for the project near them. You can even send direct messages, receive an estimate, and schedule an appointment all on one platform.
Go over the details of the project with an exterior painting professional who can deliver beneficial suggestions and help you decide on an elegant color combination. Having a freshly painted house can boost your property value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's incredible what a good color, sheen, and application can do to breathe some new life into a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from many local contractors ready to begin the project and deliver exceptional craftsmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by downloading our home management platform and contacting a knowledgeable professional to handle the whole process with careful attention to detail.