Find a pro in Antelope, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Antelope, CA
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Antelope, CA. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Antelope, CA. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.