Find a pro in Arbuckle, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Arbuckle, California
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Arbuckle, California. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.