Find a Pro in Atascadero, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you decide on the best exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall design will be the right choice. It's fairly inexpensive to enhance the appearance of your home with assistance from a skilled and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should consider when picking a color arrangement for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you choose should complement the general look you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are elegant hues that have the ability to put you at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that sticks out from the rest, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more cozy and content.
Why should you retain the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will usually offer you a superior result than you could bring about by yourself. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you have the materials and experience to perform the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time covering up errors, homeowners can recruit an exterior painter to carry out the job as skillfully as possible. The knowledge they've gained from their experience in the field will be reflected in the level of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From power washing the siding, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a painter to carry it out. With their high-quality approach and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or offering less-than-satisfactory results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting offers the best results when it's completed with close attention to detail and adhering to top standards. Professional painters are equipped with the skills, materials, and methods to do the job with outstanding workmanship. Remarkable workmanship begins with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to adhere and look beautiful for a long time. Prepare for an exterior painting job by taking the following steps:
- Power wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime gives you a clear area to work with, so using power washing equipment is a productive way to wash it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove flaky or cracked parts that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair flaws on exterior siding so that you can work on a smooth surface.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint it for a smooth result.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to adhere.
What's the cost of painting a home's exterior?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a great project for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements at all times. Other criteria that can add to the overall price is how skilled your painter is because it can equal higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a local painting contractor who can discuss the project and offer you an accurate estimate for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Most Efficient Way to Search for Exterior Painting Services Near Atascadero, California
Start looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and recruit companies in Atascadero, California. If your home needs some new paint, you can hire a contractor with the training and background to offer high-quality services. You can improve your home's aesthetic with a new pop of color that offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage simultaneously. By seeking out a painter to handle the job, you're ensuring it'll be of high-quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can swiftly look for professionals, take a look at ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting jobs to gain an understanding of what they can provide. Browsing through professional profiles and easing your search is a quicker process when you download our free platform. It's convenient and hassle-free to use for homeowners to choose the most suitable candidates for the job near them. Additionally, you can send direct messages, ask for a quote, and book an appointment all on one platform.
Review the project details with an exterior painter who can offer you useful tips and help you decide on an attractive color arrangement. Painting can increase your home value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's awesome what a good sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a space. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from many local contractors prepared to roll up their sleeves and perform outstanding workmanship. Get outstanding results by downloading our app and reach out to an experienced painting contractor to take care of every step in the process with close attention to detail.