Find a Pro in Atascadero, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is interior painting worth it?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting services:
- Raise the Value of Your House: A professional paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It can also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest returns when factoring in the effect on home value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively affordable way to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your home in the past few years and have older colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at peace. Additionally, many residents are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you choose, the right paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted strengthens your property now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are made of components that naturally absorb moisture. Over time, enough absorption can result in compromised walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health risks. Paint is designed to seal out water from getting through the porous walls of your home.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints now are manufactured with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the best choice for your home. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dust and other toxins to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: All houses have flaws and blemishes. Walls often show dents, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your house over time. Having your home's interior painted eliminates most imperfections and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by a vetted painter will also update your home with a contemporary look.
When will painters experience the slowest business season?
A major benefit to hiring during the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they typically do in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I consider repainting my house's exterior?
Chipped and cracked paint are some obvious things to watch out for; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause issues as well. Exterior painting can be an extensive job, so it's always a good idea to book expert painters.
Unfortunately, there is no set deadline to repaint, since every property is different. A lot of experts say that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you're located, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you might not know exactly when its most recent paint job was done. It's always recommended to try to find out, since possessing in-depth information about the paint job can be critical. The variety of paint used, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its durability. It's also beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, since whether your home was painted on a sunny or overcast day can change how well the paint dries.
What array of services will a residential painter offer?
Examples of the functions a vetted painter typically performs include:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to select the ideal colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your certified expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and will handle the prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painting service preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they discover anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas need to be addressed before the project can start, of course. Your service could then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Professional painters are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting a vetted painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Hire a Qualified House Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces Near Near Atascadero, California
When you need a reliable residential painter in Atascadero, California, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart way to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that provides a big ROI in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted home works to improve your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or make great recommendations about different paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors can even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your house also brings several practical benefits for its structural integrity. Paint works as a sealant to protect the wood from a host of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will beautify your property inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that organizes all the important information to let you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of vetted painters in Atascadero, California and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for a pro who can deliver the quality services you need.