Find a Pro in Berkeley, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // California // Berkeley
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What all does a residential painter do?
A few of the tasks an expert painter typically conducts include:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to choose the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your certified expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and can handle the prep work before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painting service prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they find things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues must be remediated before painting can begin, of course. Your painter may then direct you towards reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Experienced painting contractors are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting a professional painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned the home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much do painting contractors usually charge per hour?
The average painting contractor's cost of services varies between $22 to $43 per hour, and that doesn't include materials or tax.
Take into account that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter hourly. For that reason, that price does not reflect the addition of insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself.
Is investing in interior painting a smart decision?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting services:
- Boost the Appeal of Your Residence: A great paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It will also help sell a residence that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your residence in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your property that truly pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively affordable way to update your residence, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your home recently and have boring colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at peace. Also, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you select, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted safeguards your property now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are made of materials which easily retain moisture. Over time, too much absorption will result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Moisture within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health dangers. Paint enables you to keep moisture from getting into the porous walls of your home.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints these days are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. If you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the perfect choice for your household. A new application of paint also limits dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: All homes contain flaws and blemishes. Walls often feature scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your residence over the years. Having your house's interior painted eliminates all imperfections and will make your room look updated and clean. A new paint color for your interior will also modernize your living space.
During which season of the year are painters typically the least occupied?
One of the biggest advantages to scheduling within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painters are more readily available.
As a result, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they typically do in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Experienced House Painting Contractors in in Berkeley, California
When you're searching for a dependable house painter near Berkeley, California, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a great choice to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that gives a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted house works to enhance your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer great recommendations about different paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your residence also supplies several practical benefits for its structural integrity. Paint works as a sealant to secure the wood from a range of issues caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that organizes all the necessary information to let you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of vetted painters in Berkeley, California and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly communicate with expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you need.