Find a pro in Beverly Hills, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Beverly Hills, California. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Beverly Hills, California
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Beverly Hills, California. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Beverly Hills, California. Find the right contractor for your house today.