Find a Pro in Brea, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the benefits of updating my home through interior painting?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are other valuable advantages to be had from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your Home: A professional paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. It can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even over listing price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your home in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your residence that really pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical way to update your residence, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. If you have not painted your interior in the past few years and have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you select, a fresh paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted secures your residence now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with materials that easily absorb moisture. Eventually, too much absorption can result in compromised walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Water behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health risks. Paint works to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints these days are produced with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your interior. A new application of paint also limits dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Amazing: All houses harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently obtain scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your home over time. Having your house's interior painted covers all imperfections and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color for your interior can also modernize your residence.
When is the least active season for painters?
One of the biggest advantages about scheduling during the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from doing projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
As a result, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they normally do in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I think about repainting my home's exterior?
Chipped and cracked paint are some obvious things to keep an eye on; however, there are also some less evident things that can create issues as well. Painting an exterior is a pretty big job, so it's never a bad idea to hire professional painters.
Since every home differs from one another, there is no set timeline to repaint, which makes this more difficult for homeowners. A lot of experts express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years, based on other variables such as where you live, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
If you've just bought a new home, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's always recommended to try and find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job can be critical. The kind of paint utilized, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all affect its lifespan. It may be helpful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether the residence was painted on a bright or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dries.
What array of services can a house painter carry out?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can assist with:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to select the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your vetted painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and can take care of the prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painter preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they find things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be remediated before the project can begin, of course. Your service might then direct you towards reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Experienced painters are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When hiring an expert painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned the home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Vetted Home Painters Serving in Brea, CA
When you require a good house painter near Brea, CA, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent way to bring new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that gives a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted house works to enhance your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also supplies many useful benefits for its structural integrity. Paint works as a sealant to protect surfaces from a range of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your home inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that brings together all the relevant information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of reputable painters in Brea, CA and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly communicate with professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you deserve.