Find a Pro in Brisbane, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What features should affect your choice of exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home, selecting an elegant color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the ideal choice. It's fairly affordable to boost the appearance of your home with assistance from a skilled and equipped contractor. These are some of the factors you should think about when selecting a color arrangement for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you select should complement the overarching aesthetic you're aiming for and the ambiance you want to spend time in. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend substantial time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are elegant tones that have the propensity to put you at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For a pop of color that sticks out from the rest, yellows and oranges are bright enough to attain the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more pleasant and comfortable.
How can hiring an exterior painting professional improve your project?
Seeking an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will usually provide you with a high-quality outcome than you could achieve by yourself. DIY projects rarely go as you hope unless you have the materials and skills to execute the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of attempting to repair flaws, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to carry out the project as skillfully as possible. The skill they've acquired from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should hire a contractor to do it all. With their high-quality approach and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or delivering less-than-optimal results.
How do you prepare a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers excellent results when it's carried out with careful attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional painters are equipped with the skills, materials, and strategies to perform the project with excellent craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that let the paint adhere and look great for a long time. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a spotless area to start working on, so using pressure washing tools is an effective way to wash it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can fix irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work on a smooth finish.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it for a streamlined finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to let the paint adhere.
What's the price of painting a home's exterior?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's an excellent project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it safe from the elements at all times. Another factor that can influence the overall cost is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can equal high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and provide you with a free estimate for the price you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Most Efficient Way to Search for Exterior Painting Contractors in Brisbane, CA
Begin looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and hire companies in Brisbane, CA. If your home needs a new coat of paint, you can hire a contractor with the training and experience to provide outstanding services. You can update your property's aesthetic with fresh paint that simultaneously offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from the elements. By recruiting a contractor to handle the project, you're ensuring it'll meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management app, you can quickly look for professionals, take a look at ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can check out pictures from previous exterior painting projects to gain a solid idea of their degree of expertise. Search through contractor profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you use our free platform. It's streamlined and simple to use for homeowners to choose the most qualified contractor for the project near them. You can also direct message professional painters, receive an estimate, and book an appointment all on one platform.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painter who can deliver useful tips and help you brainstorm a beautiful color arrangement. Having a freshly painted home can raise your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what a good sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from several local professionals prepared to roll up their sleeves and carry out exceptional craftsmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by using our app and contacting a skilled professional to handle every step in the process with careful attention to detail.