Find a pro in Chatsworth, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // California // Chatsworth
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Chatsworth, CA
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Chatsworth, CA, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.