Find a pro in Citrus Heights, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Citrus Heights, CA
If you need roofing maintenance services in Citrus Heights, CA, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on our site have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.