Find a pro in Clovis, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Clovis, CA
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Clovis, CA, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to find the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.