Find a Pro in Cupertino, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the benefits of choosing interior painting?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are benefits from interior painting services:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Home: A great paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even above its listing price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement investment with one of the highest returns when considering the effect on property value and appeal.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your home recently or have older colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what color scheme you select, a fresh paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted safeguards your residence now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with materials which easily absorb moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture can lead to degraded walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health issues. Paint is designed to keep water from getting into the porous walls of your home.
- Boost Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints now are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your home. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: Most homes harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently obtain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over time. Getting your house's interior painted removes those imperfections and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When will painters see the slowest business season?
One of the biggest selling points about scheduling within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painting contractors are more readily available.
As a result, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What is the recommended frequency for repainting the exterior of my home?
There are some glaring things to watch out for, such as cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less evident things that can create issues too. Painting an exterior is a pretty big project, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
What can make this difficult is there is no set deadline for a new coat, since every property is different. Most experts say that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors such as where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
When you've just acquired a new home, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's always recommended to try and find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job can be critical. The type of paint utilized, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color used can all affect its durability. It's also beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, since whether the home was painted on a sunny or overcast day can affect how well the paint dried.
What are the services of a professional house painter?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can assist with:
- Advise the Best Colors: If you're struggling to select the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your hired expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and will take care of the prep stage before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painter prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they see things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas must be addressed before painting can start, of course. Your painter might then recommend dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: Professional painters are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting a high-quality painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned the home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Find a Qualified Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces in in Cupertino, California
When you're looking for a reliable residential painter near Cupertino, California, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a big ROI in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted house can elevate your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or make excellent suggestions about different paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your home also features many practical benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to protect surfaces from a host of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that brings together all the necessary information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of reputable painters in Cupertino, California and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly contact professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for the pro who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.