Find a pro in Desert Center, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Desert Center, CA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Desert Center, CA. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.