Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Duarte, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish my cabinets instead of purchase new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement task that many homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a good practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. Some other great benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the look of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and stress-free technique to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get professional results when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to ensure your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Is there a difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are significant differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand which service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features a unique approach and imparts a certain outcome in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently will cabinets need to be refinished
One of the great advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be followed up depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as an alternative to purchasing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than purchasing new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to boost its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets could already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Duarte, California have related spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
One Site Containing All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Duarte, California Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to beautify the look of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several homeowners in Duarte, California have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less disruptive to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Duarte, California confidently.