Find a pro in El Sobrante, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in El Sobrante, California. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // California // El Sobrante
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near El Sobrante, California
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in El Sobrante, California. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to find the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.