Find a pro in Fellows, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Fellows, California
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Fellows, California. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.