Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Folsom, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
In what ways will cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement project that plenty of homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a great way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other great perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple technique to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the trouble of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive excellent results when you hire a vetted contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to guarantee your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I know of cabinet refacing - is it the same as refinishing them?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are distinct differences between them and handymen will need to understand what service you need. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the present doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features its own unique approach and offers a certain outcome in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times should cabinets be refinished?
One of the best things about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be repeated is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project should last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to installing new models?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than installing new models and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to boost its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Folsom, CA have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, assess your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
Discover a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Folsom, CA
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many homeowners in Folsom, CA have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Folsom, CA confidently.